January 2, 2021 High School In-Class Learning Starting Monday, January 4
MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
Late afternoon on New Year's Eve, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals issued an order blocking the Lucas County Health Board from enforcing the closing of all in-class learning for Lucas County high school students. Therefore, high school classes will begin Monday, January 4, in person at Toledo Christian.
December 3, 2020 - Toledo Christian's Response If Lucas County Goes Purple
PS-8 In-Class Instruction Will Continue
November 25, 2020 - Lucas County Health Department Order High School Virtual until January 11
MESSAGE FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT
Lucas County Back-To-School COVID 19 Guide
September 3, 2020 Message from Superintendent
Message from Superintendent Gibson
July 16, 2020 - Back to School Plan
June 23, 2020 - Superintendent Message Regarding School This Fall
priority, so we will continue to monitor developments closely.
into the classroom.
Your kids need to be back in school, and we need to be back in school. As a parent, you know the younger the student is, the more difficult the remote learning. So pray with us that our upcoming year is uninterrupted and complete.
Enrollment is our metric to ensure we can continue offering what you expect of Toledo Christian. I want to assure you that enrollment has been and remains strong. Our incoming freshman class is the largest we have had in many years at over 60 students!
April 20, 2020 - Toledo Christian Closed Remainder of School Year
April 3, 2020 Virtual Education Plan Video
April 1, 2020 Virtual Education Plan from TC Principals
Toledo Christian – Virtual Education Guide for Families
Our teachers will record instructional video lessons for all their students. The videos will be available for viewing by elementary and Eagle’s Nest students through Eagle Access and by junior and senior high students on Google Classroom. Daily assignments and corresponding videos will be updated each day by 10:00 am.
Each school day, teachers will be available to be contacted through Google Hangouts or email during set office hours from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. At any other time of the day, students and families may send questions via email and expect their teachers to respond sometime during the next set of office hours.
Students need to visit Eagle Access or Google Classroom on a daily basis just as if they were attending classes daily.
Students will complete and submit required assignments. Assignments, quizzes, etc., completed during this school shut-down period will count towards fourth quarter grade cards and overall GPAs.
Questions about your class: contact your teacher via email
Technology issues: email@example.com
General feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a printable copy of this Guide click: Virtual Guide For Families.pdf
March 30, 2020 - Message from Superintendent Gibson on K-12 schools closed until May 1st.
March 26, 2020 - TC Support Email Boxes
Distance Learning Help for Parents!
March 22, 2020 - Superintendent Video
March 20, 2020 - Message from the Principals
March 13, 2020 - TC K-12 Remote Education Plan
March 12, 2020 - School Closing Message
- Monday, March 16, 2020, is a regular day of classes. All students Preschool - 12th grade should report to school as normal. The scheduled high school Spiritual Emphasis retreat will take place at Toledo Christian, not CedarCreek as originally planned.
- Tomorrow, your area Principal will communicate the education plan for your student via email.
- The TC Auction, previously scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2020 has been postponed until May 9, 2020.
- The HS Musical scheduled for March 19-21, 2020 has been postponed (rescheduled date to be determined).
- The status of all other calendar events (class trips), will be communicated as soon as decisions have been made.
March 11, 2020 - COVID Update
- Please do not send your children to school if they are sick.
- Practice frequent hand-washing with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard it in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects/surfaces.